Sunday 24 February 2013

Big, Baggy and Beautiful.

The first thing I like to do after a long day of job-hunting, networking and socializing, is to change my carefully put together outfit of that day for a big and baggy hooded sweater. Everyone, whether old or young, man or woman, has at least one of these usually not very fashionable grey items (with age-old stains on it that just won't get off) lying around in their wardrobes. It is, secretly one of my favourite pieces of clothing to wear, so nice and comfy! Yet, I would never go out of my house wearing it and many of my friends feel the same. It is just not very flattering and it doesn't really leave a great first impression when meeting new people. 
 
However, I noticed that this reputation of the grey sweater is starting to change. It is more and more seen in street style combined with a blazer and some good heels. And even the big designers now often have a sweater in their collection. Fun prints make this usually a little boring looking wardrobe item look much better, and most of them aren't as baggy as in the old days. They are slowly becoming fashionable! Love it! We now no longer have to lover our sweaters in secret!


Guest Post by Mirthe Adrianne


No comments:

Post a Comment